I wanted to share how I was able to get synchronization of a SharePoint List through
SSIS. Below I have provided an outline of the steps I took.
- First, I had an OLE DB Source, then a Data Conversion to convert those strings and
then Sort it on its key.
- Second, I had the SharePoint List Source that has to be synchronized, Data Conversion
to match the key type and then Sort it on the key.
- Third, Merge Join this 2 sorted data using Full Outer Join.
- Fourth, add a Conditional Split with the ff output:
- Output Name: Create Condition: ISNULL( ID )
- Output Name: Delete Condition: ISNULL([Your Key])
- Default output name: Update
- Lastly, Add 3 SharePoint List Destination for Create Delete and Update with the
- For Create, do not map the column "ID" and Batch Type should be "Modification"
- For Update, map the column ID to the ID you got from merging, Batch Type should
- For Delete, you only need to map the ID, and Batch Type should be "Deletion"